Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 34

I am already 1/3 of the way through 100 Days to Great.  To quote Keanu Reeves: "Whoa."

I've had some pretty cool instincts/feelings coming naturally to me lately, all of which seem to indicate that this new world of no booze, virtually zero caloric carbs, and lots of lean protein, fruits and veggies is becoming my "new normal."
  • Before: Eating fast food 1-2 days a week.  Now: Fast food just doesn't sound good (even my beloved Taco Bell).
  • Before: Eating breakfast 1-2 hours after waking up, no fruits or veggies included.  Now: Eating within an hour of waking, fruits and/or veggies always included.
  • Before: Pushing through being hungry because I was busy and didn't have anything on hand, followed by a huge meal.  Now: Eating when I am hungry, even when I'm busy, because I always have good snacks on hand.
  • Before: Feeling like my one salad with fried chicken strips was a debit in my nutritional account, and then eating several meals with pre-packaged, pre-processed items and virtually zero fruits or vegatables.  Now: Looking forward to each meal, consisting of nothing pre-packaged, nothing fried, nothing pre-processed, and always some fruits or veggies.
I'm really happy that this no longer feels like a temporary change or chore - it just feels like life.

No comments:

Post a Comment