Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 44

Yesterday marked Day 43 and my 6-week weigh-in.  The lesson of this weight-in was that while numbers don't lie, some carry more weight than others.  (Pun intended.)

Consider this: In my first two weeks, I lost 6.2 pounds and 0.8% body fat.  In the last two weeks, I lost 2.2 pounds and 1.3% body fat.  That equates to only 1/3 of the pounds from the first two weeks, but almost 2x as much body fat.  What's going on?  Well, behind the curtain, I actually gained two pounds of lean mass of the last two weeks.

When people think about weight loss, they tend to think about pounds.  As this weigh-in showed, that may not be the best indicator and definitely should not be used as the only measure of success.

Here is how things are shaping up in graph format!  I am now trending almost exactly to the target weight of 190 pounds, and closer to the intended body fat % of 7% (currently forecasted to finish at 11.6%).

No comments:

Post a Comment