Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 57

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!  I hope that the turning of the calendar year finds you inspired and ready to make 2015 a very good year.

Today was a weigh-in day.  Here's how things are shaping up (or should I say down?):



It's interesting how a chicken-and-egg situation can sabotage positive changes from happening.  I've tried to make positive health changes in the past, but seeing some results is what really started to make me feel motivated.  Yet, in order to see those results, I first had to make the change.  To quote Fat Bastard from Austin Powers: "It's a vicious cycle." 

One thing I've enjoyed about this program is that the feedback has come quickly and regularly.  Within two weeks I knew I was doing something right.  As more weeks have come and gone, the numbers have continued to reinforce that.  By now, my own two eyes and positive feedback from friends, family and co-workers also help.  Having these small, incremental wins only motivates me more toward the next one.

Although there's more work to do, I'm shocked at what my old nutritional habits were doing to my body.  I can now see and feel the absence of those habits - and it makes me never want to go back. Back to popping heartburn meds several nights a week.  To feeling lethargic after every meal.  To using any event at any time as a suitable reason for having a drink.  To having a majority of my caloric intake be devoid of the nutrients required to live a (knock on wood) long and healthy life.  At this point, temptation still exists - but my internal reaction to it has become deeply engrained:  Why would I want to do this to myself? 

If you're thinking through New Year's resolutions, I hope you can also hone in on things that will have you feeling empowered and motivated as new weeks roll by.

No comments:

Post a Comment