Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 1

Like all epic journeys, this one begins with Day 1.

For the next 100 days (well, 102 to be exact, but I like 100 Days to Great), I will be challenging myself to accomplish something I've never been able to accomplish before: a six-pack.

Well... yes, there's that; but it's also about sticking to healthy changes for a sustained period of time.  It's about knowing that when all is said and done it will be easier to make healthy choices because by then I'll have separated myself from some bad habits I haven't managed to break yet (like too many of the other six-pack).  I just turned 30, and for one reason or another, that makes me think more often about my own mortality.  I need to take care of myself.  There's a lot more in life that I'm stoked to experience together with my wife, family and friends; and I want to be in tip-top shape so I can experience it all to the fullest.

This isn't going to be easy.  For one, I have a stressful job, and a tasty adult beverage or handful(s) of junk food help me cope with that.  For two, I have a crazy schedule a couple days a week because I run straight from work to school (Mondays and Wednesdays to be specific).  For three, I'm not a huge fan of cooking or doing dishes.  You know what?  There are going to be plenty of opportunities to make excuses - but it's just 100 days.  I can get through 100 days, and can only imagine what my new natural urges and instincts will feel like by the end.

So if you're interested, come with me on this journey of 100 Days to Great.  I'll be documenting it as I go.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'll be supporting you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete