Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 6

Wow, already almost one week come and gone.

Since my last post, I've gotten some nutrition counseling from Ryan Stefan at Fire Fitness in the form of a 3-day meal + snack plan that I intend to repeat on an ongoing basis for this 100 Days to Great experience.  I'll stick to the plan as closely as possible while I get my feet underneath me in terms of shopping and meal prep habits.  Once those are steady, I can start to experiment with swapping in and out components and ingredients for the meals.  The biggest difference from my old habits is that everything on the menu is actual food.  Like, from-mother-nature food.  It's amazing and a little disturbing how much of what I'd been eating was not.

In terms of the exercise regimen, not a lot is changing in the short-term.  I'm in three days a week (M, W, F) doing 45-60 minutes of power movement (compound weight lifts, box jumps).  The change comes in the form of a finisher - about 5 minutes of intense interval training either on the stationary bike, treadmill or row machine.  It may only be 5 minutes, but I've been pretty wiped after all three sessions so far.

Overall, feeling pretty solid!

No comments:

Post a Comment