Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 25

Today I am 1/4 of the way through 100 Days to Great.  From day to day, things feel like they are moving slowly; but then a milestone day comes along and reminds me that I've already covered a lot of ground.

First, I hope all of you had a very happy Thanksgiving.  I am really enjoying the long weekend! Today we got our Christmas tree and decorated it.  One of my favorite days of the year.

Second, some thoughts from the last few days.

  • With the arrival of the holiday season, I've started getting great reactions about the timing of this 100 Day journey - generally along the lines of, "During the holidays? Ouch."  While I will admit that it is very tough to think about all of the holiday beverages I won't be having this year, I'm also a bit relieved by the timing of this whole thing.  Had I not started when I did, there is a good chance my weight would still be shifting from 222 lbs. to something else - but it probably wouldn't be in a downward direction!  There's something about the holidays - in between the euphoria and the stress - that typically makes me more likely to let things slide.  This time around, I don't have to worry about it.
  • I noticed something this morning that's pretty cool.  Before my 100 Days started, I got heartburn close to daily - at least a few times each week.  Since it started though, none.  That is a very nice feeling.
There are three full days before Wednesday morning, when my next official weigh-in comes.  That'll be the morning of Day 29, so nearly 1/3 of the way through the program.  Corresponding weight and body fat numbers would be 211 pounds and about 16% body fat.  I'll update you next after getting the numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment